Thursday, March 3, 2011

South Dakota

As school had ended and the pitter-patter on the sidewalks of kids free of education began, my family and I traveled to South Dakota. As I was packing for this cross-country travel, I couldn’t wait to have fun nor could I wait for 2 week of joy and happiness. How wrong I was. The next morning I was awoken at the crack of dawn, eyes blood shot and encrusted with built up eye powder. As I slouched into the car as though an undead corpse, we had set off on our journey. Few hours go by; I awake from my hibernated state and see that we have crossed into the Lower Dakota. Soon after my awakening, a sharp pain coursed through my entire lower body.  Screaming like a banshee, my family knew it was time for a pit stop. As the car screeched to a stopped we looked out at the amazing view of the Black Hills. Stepping out of the car, my legs felt as though barbed wire coiled firmly around them; tearing into my flesh with every step. After five minutes of recovery to my circulatory system, we head back to the car. As my hand outreached towards the handle, the handle was gone. They left me -- alone in Black Hills. As I watch the car disappear into the horizon, I soon ponder my future. My life as a hermit flashes through my brain, causing even more sadness to erupt from my body. Minutes pass and they felt like hours, my hope was shrinking. As though my prayers were answered, there in the distance was the car; shining like a guardian angle taking me away from the void of lonesomeness.

6 comments:

  1. I liked this piece very much! It was very descriptive and interesting. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow i cant believe they left you there and didn't notice for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go, I like your descriptive writing it was very in depth and really paint a picture in my mind.
    Nice Job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this piece it was funny and sad at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is such a depressing move by your parents I'm not even going to talk about it.

    ReplyDelete