Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Insomnia

Here I sit it's one A.M.,
I should be sleeping now,
My mind's awake and thinking,
but my body's wondering how.

Insomnia, Insomnia,
Thy wicked name implies,
That slumber ceases to exist,
and so I must arise.

Why do you tease my inner peace,
my sanctuary so?
What have I done to deserve this test?
I beg you now, please go!

With many thoughts racing through my head
I Think: I Murmur: I Yell
"CLOSE YOUR EYES AND GO TO BED!"
Of course it isn't working because on this night nothing works well

As I watch my blinds, which are ever ajar,
I see an amazing sight
Through my bloodshot eyes I see the sun from a far
It is morning, here to end this horrific night 

Oh peaceful sleep I dream to feel your presence,
as the school day draws near,
Insomnia, Insomnia,
Farewell , my Sleep, my need for you is crystal clear.

Find More Great Poems Like This At http://allpoetry.com/tag/show/Insomnia.

No comments:

Post a Comment